HGTV DesignStar... final two


Well, this is it! The final two are for the race!

It's down to Alice and David.

To be honest with you, my wife watched an interview a couple of weeks ago with David, where she thought he hinted that he wasn't on the last 2 finalist, so my wife was sure he didn't made it to the finals, so it was a surprise to see Tim go. I rather would like to see Alice go, since she didn't do anything spectacular to the place: fresh paint, ugly furniture, same arrangement. Tim at least recreated the whole thing with a very nice and clean/crisp room. he should put some flowers to be perfect for the Katrina girl... David outdid himself with that huge space.

I usually lukewarm about interactions with TV shows, but I told my wife while watching the show on sunday, that for the first time ever, if David gets to the final, I will pick the phone and vote for him. Not because he's hawt but because he's from SOFLA and his designs are really good and solid. He have an advantage of being an artist turned into interior designer... He always put a touch of personal art into every design challenge.

Remember to vote!

Joel is a contributor on Design-Milk's weekly architectural posts and Apartment Therapy's Unplggd daily technology posts.