Vault




In this project I am trying to find out what value really is, by questioning myself which ´things´ are of real value to me.
I found out that for me most of it is about family, freindship and love. ´Things´ that, as much as you want, you can´t really put in a safe.
Only ´things´ that remind you about your value can be kept safe. This is why in the vault there are only five small drawers in which you can put photos, letters
and tiny objects. realizing that some ´objects that carry emotion´ are even smaller or much larger, the vault project will be continued.

This vault´s appearance is inspired by the mineral pyrite, also known as fool´s gold. Because of its resemblance to gold pyrite is often mistaken to be highly
valuable being actually almost worthless. This now resembles my vision on value. You can steal the vault and/or it´s ´valuable´ contents but you will find out that it's of no value to you...
click here for more

-joel

Joel is a contributor on Design-Milk's weekly architectural posts and Apartment Therapy's Unplggd daily technology posts.