creative desks: adrienne breaux





Adrienne Breaux is the Editor-in-Chief of the fabulously awesome blog at 2Modern. She also contributes to Apartment Therapy and Austin's go-to online publication, CultureMap.


I’m a writer, blogger, design nerd, crafter, photographer and wit master here in Austin.  A graduate of Louisiana State University with a B.A. in Interior Design, I worked in the design field for years at a number of different design jobs, ran my own interior design consulting firm for over a year, and now do all sorts of freelance writing for the web and in print on the subjects of interior design, architecture, furniture, home design tips, the modern family, eco-friendly ideas, Austin and more. When I’m not writing about creating perfect spaces and fabulous designs, I enjoy making things and more writing. I’m currently still trying to find that perfect balance of somehow managing to do copious amounts of it all. I’ll keep you updated on my progress. When I’m not doing any of the above mentioned, I can usually be found hiking, walking or running around the Greenbelt or Town Lake. I also really like smoothies, sushi and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Joel is a contributor on Design-Milk's weekly architectural posts and Apartment Therapy's Unplggd daily technology posts.