My obsession with chairs.


I don't really remember how it's started.
I guess it was a dark night and I woke up soaked in cold sweat and just realized that those Target chairs were not cutting it anymore.
I got introduced by the world of hi end furniture by a co-worker. After seeing the 2 Eames LCW in black that he got I was in love. I started with a the side plastic chairs with the eiffel legs. I got 5. 4 for the dining and one for the home office. 2 Black LCW came later that where replaced for 2 walnut finish. Then the madness took over. In a span of 1 month, I ordered an Orange Panton for the office which I send it back for one reason: You need to be aware of the best shot of the chair you want and the position this chair will be. For example, if the chair is going to have a stratight view from behind, the Panton will look like a big fat blob. This chair is amazing in profile or 3/4 view. The same is the case of the Prouve chair. From behind what you will be able to see are 2 sticks and the backrest, not the awesome fat pillars and legs that the chair features. One chair that I've notice is awesome at any angle is the Eames DCW. That chair is the perfect model for overall viewing pleasure! I got a red one for the office again but decided to bring it downstairs for the dining set (now compromised of 2 DCW in red and 2 chrome vintage Bertoias. The breakfast table is now featuring leftovers white Eames side chairs with the white Saarinen table. So you maybe asking yourself: "What are you using on your home office now?" well, Emeco Navy chair. It matches all the decor and it's awesome and very ergonomic.

This is what we have now:
• 2 black Bertoias (relsing)
• 2 chrome Bertoias
• 1 Diamond Bertoia black
• 2 Eames DCW in red
• 2 Eames LCW in walnut
• 2 Konstaning Grcic in red
• 2 Emeco Navy Chair 1006
• 3 Eames white side chair
• 2 Prince Aha stools by Kartell
• 1 Nelson Bench
• 4 Ikea patio chairs

The reasoning on buying in pairs is that of that I can switch chairs for any settings I have... For example, I can put on my dining room 2 Emecos + 2 Grcic chairs or 2 Bertoias + 2 Emecos... I guess you get the idea. It's like a never ending way oif combining chairs to match my mood for the day. Amazing. Thanks for reading!!!
Now, thanks to American Express and Highbrowfurniture.com that even that they don't offer anymore the 10% discount, their customer satisfaction is beyond what you expect. (anyway, you cam wait to make your purchases twice a year when Herman Miller and Knoll/Kartell have their bi-annual 10% off sale!

Joel is a contributor on Design-Milk's weekly architectural posts and Apartment Therapy's Unplggd daily technology posts.