Forget about your home stereo. This is the new way.






Well, I sold my Nakamichi Soundspace 3 on ebay and made a set up for what I think, I will replace your home stereo in the near future. The set up: an intel mac mini core duo with 1 gig of ram, all the photos, music, movies we have, a wireless apple mouse, wireless keyboard, apple remote control for Front Row, Wireless network so I can check email, web or even transfer files wirelessly from my main computer on the bedroom and stream music/movies/photos from the main computer if the data is not the same from one computer to the other. The monitor is the Apple Cinema Display 23". More than enough to watch the itunes library, browse the net for recipes or jokes, and watch DVD's if needed. It's mounted on the wall using a cantilever bracket secured to a metal stud behind a wall. The set up is clean looking and a neat trick of placing a blackboard on the credenza in order to keep the cables visible to a minimum was a plus. SOunds comes courtesy of JBL technology and the spot speaker system. One subwoofer and two smaller speakers that I placed under the credenza so the doors can remain closed aqnd no speakers are visible on the top. I couldn't be happier. Sound is crisp, the display is amazing (I know I could geta cheaper/bigger even better display for half of what spend... but it doesn't says apple on it and it's not made of aluminum...) wireless reception is great and we have a redundant backup of all our music. Even Lisa Loeb. I sold all my CD on CD warehouse and got enough money to take my wife and daughter to dinner for several weekends!!!!! Please enjoy the pictures.

Joel is a contributor on Design-Milk's weekly architectural posts and Apartment Therapy's Unplggd daily technology posts.